Boost controller help!

Hi guys,

Ive got the v back and finally got round to fitting some of the bits ive had lying around.

Ive started with the hdi type-d boost gauge and contoller so i can monitor boost as i add the other bits (turbo technics ct9, zep decat, hdi front mount, sard rrfpr, walbro pump).

I seem to be pulling 1.0bar in 3rd around 5000rpm with the controller mid way on high. I dont see how this is right with everything stock other than an apexi cat back exhaust, hks fcd and hks ssqv. This makes me think its overboosting and ive not plumbed it in right? With the dial on max it reaches 1.2bar!!

I dont want to do any damage so i need to know if its in properly.

Wiring aside, the diagram shows only one vac pipe to the actuator but on the standard ct9 there is 2. Ive blocked off the hose one end that goes to one side of the actuator and put the solenoid pipe to the housing. The other pipe to the solenoid is going straight to the actuator. Ive blocked of the original hotpipe vac feed as its not used to the standard solenoid.

Sorry for the longwindedness but does this sound about right??

hdi shite mate, had one im my car before didnt even hold boost

I was asking for help on installing it not wether you think they are any good, in all fairness ive read countless reviews and its pretty much a 50/50 split. Im sorry you have had problems with yours but ive got one fresh out the box and im using it....for now :) with this snow about atm i'll just be happy if it sits on low at .4bar

Should be 2 lines going to the electrovalve. One to the actuator, one for the compressor housing.

If you crank it down, what boost do you get?

That should be right then? ive blocked off the actuator and fed the solenoid(electrovalve) to the comp housing, and the 2nd solenoid pipe is goin to the other port on the actuator, unless they are the wrong way round?

Its hard to tell in this weather i havent really had chance to play around with it much. Heres the stats ive got so far....

Low boost setting- dial turned all the way left- 0.4bar

Low boost setting- dial turned all the way right- 0.6bar

High boost setting- dial turned all the way left 0.8bar

High boost setting- dial midway - 1.0bar

High boost setting- dial all the way right 1.2bar

Seems like pretty good, acurrate increments, but like i said theres not much that isnt stock so 1.2 is a bit pie!!