jap coilovers or uk coilovers

hi all i was going to buy some jap tein coilovers tomorrow for about 420 depending on the condition but im thinking i can almost buy new uk ones for that and people that i know who own jap ones are allways complaining about them so should i jsut leave the teins and go for something like d2's ? i only have around 450 to spend on them cheers jason

surely coilovers are coilovers, especially fully adjustable ones like D2's, if there too rough for you then get some softer springs.

Oop, sorry i ment UK springs :)

had D2's for 2 years now, and i live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by country lanes!

They really arn't as harsh as people go on about, yes they are firmer then most people like but you soon get use to and fall in love with the raw-ness of the ride!

besides, the new style D2's are like floating on a cloud compaired to the original spec ones :)

Yeah it doesnt realy matter what country there from.Its all down to the spring rates.

Im running 6f 4r

as long as you get the right setup springs, its all good.

Only reason i said d2's is because of his budget.There brilliant quality for there price.

Personally im running Cusco's.I woulnt touch Teins ever.They leak way too easily.

there's usually a group-buy that pops up on TGTT.com every now and again, around the £500 mark, then if you fit them your self you can get them set-up relatively cheap if your not sure how to do it your self!

I didnt know D2s were uk spec... but neways, i have the 2nd gen D2s, much softer than the first gen, something about the shocks being 20% softer and the spring rates are softer. I'm happy with them atm, but i can't compare them to Tiens as i haven't tried them. But i hear the D2s are a copy of HKS? can anyone elaborate?

T

• 6 months later...

i have some extremley hard jap buddy clubs racing spec 12kg front and 10 at the back, not suitable at all for road conditions but great for roundabouts,

if you can, buy your coilovers from the uk distributer of a japanese company as the springrates are usualy lesser plus you can have a choice