K&n panel filter

Hi boost set at 1.0bar (will give more)

Is this safe with no management or map?

To fit-

Sard rrfpr (i have a gauge as well)

Hdi fmic

Walbro 55 fuel pump

Turbotechnics ct9

What can i fit before i need a map? Dont really want to spend £££s after every mod getting it remapped everytime!

Thanks

You shouldn't have boost at 1bar just now without the rrfpr that you plan to get. Once you get it (you already have fcd) it would be best to set it up with a wideband to make sure the fuelling is ok.

Edited by steve-gers

Thanks steve i have got the rrfpr already i just havent fitted it. Not sure what its set at as bought it.

If i fit it now will the fueling be all over the Place and risk damage? I dont have access to a wideband so will have to take it somewhere. If im doing that will i have to get it set up again after every other mod or will that be ok to start and then fit everything else?

Should be ok as long as you don't adjust the boost but to be safe you could bring it back to stock boost for now then put all mods on, then turn it up when it's ready. If you don't have a wideband either buy or borrow one or book an hour on a rolling road that has got one.

The shit thing with the hdi ebc and ebg are two seperate things but they only work together! So i cant use the ebg with out having the ebc plugged in as well.

So i would ideally like to see what the boost is without ebc then monitor it with a mechanical gauge whilst adding bits (should be able to make one up at work 😛)

it seems as tho ebc changes the characteristics of when the boost kicks in so leave it off completely until the fueling is set, then turn her up?

What can i set the fuel pressure gauge to whilst taking it to the rr?

Fit everything you've got before mapping ideally, apart from injectors. Though run standard boost until then so the ecu can mix the fuel/air well enough to not put hardware under any strain imo - if you're planning to keep it at 1 bar tho, get the fuel pump and rrfpr in - set mine between 2.7 and 3.0 bar if I remember rightly (think it was measured in bar) for a rich mixture before getting mine mapped, which is much safer than running retardedly lean. Get her mapped pronto tho because you're putting the ecu in a place where it doesn't know wtf is going on. :)

Edited by DanGEP91

Mapping is safer and better but is not needed especially on a CT9. Plenty of people have been running without management for years no bother and I ran a CT9 at 1bar for 2 years without management and now run a TD04 on emanage blue at a bar and has all been fine so far.

Fit everything you've got before mapping ideally, apart from the injectors.

Didnt mention injectors 😕 not planning on getting any... Did you mean the ebc or rrfpr??

Think im getting confused between mapped and having the rrfpr set up,

Will all the mods i listed with the rrfpr at 3.0bar be safe to run at? Or will i than have to get it mapped on top?

So steve im guessing you had the same... Fcd, rrfpr, fuel pump to get 1bar safely?

Sorry for the 101 questions i just want to make sure before so im not having to make twenty trips to the rolling road i just want all these bits on the drive it as my daily 😊

Ive also got an apexi pen timer with a/f readout but not sure it reads properly enough to tune from! Here are some readings-

Idle - 14.7

1/2 throttle - 15.5

Full throttle 20 + ???

Seems like thats well too leaned out 😳 im going to ditch the ebc and manage boost from stock first