What Size are the door speakers in the starlet GT Turbo?

Alrite, can anyone tell me what size the door speakers are in a 1994 Starlet GT quadlight Turbo? I may have asked this Q before but this hotel computer is garbage and has a slow connection so a search is taking ages! Also can you tell me in CM please. I seen 10cm and 13 cm speakers/ Pioneers there only 30 euros. Bargain man...

there aren't door speakers.

there are wanky dash speakers, which are shit, and mate, dont worry mate, you can get pioneers here for a tenner, but they'll still be shit as they're mounted in flimsy plastic - dont waste the weight, use it to bring back fags and alcohol instead.

oh ye and that, total waste of time.

if you're going to reinforce the mounting points, or relocate them to the doors with mdf pods etc for stability, then amplify them, then yes, they may be better, but until then, they'll be shite.

your stock speakers will also be very sensitive to the low power coming from your head unit, say, around 4x10wrms (the '4x50w' or whatever advertised on your head unit is bullshit, its actually only around 4x10wrms of distorted power, due to lack of heat conducting methods and poor airflow), if you install speakers with a higher rated power (say, even as low as 25-35wrms) then they will actually sound WORSE than your stock speakers, because it takes far more power to actually get them going (i.e sounding as good as they can), which can only be provided with external amplification.

Unless you're replacing like for like, then as above, dont waste the effort mate.

Audio was my thing until i discovered turbo's, was very much my speciality.

oh ye and that, total waste of time.

if you're going to reinforce the mounting points, or relocate them to the doors with mdf pods etc for stability, then amplify them, then yes, they may be better, but until then, they'll be shite.

your stock speakers will also be very sensitive to the low power coming from your head unit, say, around 4x10wrms (the '4x50w' or whatever advertised on your head unit is bullshit, its actually only around 4x10wrms of distorted power, due to lack of heat conducting methods and poor airflow), if you install speakers with a higher rated power (say, even as low as 25-35wrms) then they will actually sound WORSE than your stock speakers, because it takes far more power to actually get them going (i.e sounding as good as they can), which can only be provided with external amplification.

Unless you're replacing like for like, then as above, dont waste the effort mate.

Audio was my thing until i discovered turbo's, was very much my speciality.

how easy is it to do this? i dont think i can put up with 6x9s again after havin a good set up

No i do have door speakers in my car. One on each size. They may have been a factory option but i defo have them. It has a grill over them and i can see the speakers in the doors. I aint that much of an idiot that i mistake dash speakers for door speakers. I will post pics of them when i am home. I also have the spaces for the dash speakers but i dont think anything is behind them. Can everyone look i your GT and see if your doors have speakers? Mines are located at the bottom when you put all your stuff. The head unit is sufficient to power 6x9's so i am sure it can handle full range 5". And if its not good i will just amp them (,")

in that case, you have the optional door speakers, not a common thing, either that or they're aftermarket.

plus, if they're in the doors, they may well be 13cm, not 10cm, as it would be far more realistic to go up a size due to the better support.

and no, head units are NOT sufficient to power '6x9s', you obviously just think they are because you havent experienced a quality audio system (by the way, 6x9s do not belong anywhere near even a MEDIOCRE audio system, they're the absolute bottom of the pile when it comes to car audio, literally the scum being scraped off the bottom of a shit covered wellington boot, they have no place in anything but a fucking chavved up cavalier).

in that case, you have the optional door speakers, not a common thing, either that or they're aftermarket.

plus, if they're in the doors, they may well be 13cm, not 10cm, as it would be far more realistic to go up a size due to the better support.

and no, head units are NOT sufficient to power '6x9s', you obviously just think they are because you havent experienced a quality audio system (by the way, 6x9s do not belong anywhere near even a MEDIOCRE audio system, they're the absolute bottom of the pile when it comes to car audio, literally the scum being scraped off the bottom of a shit covered wellington boot, they have no place in anything but a fucking chavved up cavalier).

I totally agree with you there mate about 6x9's being shit but they do the job and the head unit powers them sufficiently for my liking. If i had the money i would go with a good set of components and a bass box. I have the factory optional speakers then because there not aftermarket. I have found a few things on my car which no one has! Parking pole and i have door speakers (13cm) and i have original Toyota car audio speakers mounted on the rear parcel shelf!