Starting problems ?

Its unlikely to be HT lead or Spark plugs as it starts and runs fine on the 2nd attempt i presume? Sounds like a fueling issue, such as needs to turn over a few times to build up enough fuel pressure to start the car. Will it start first time when the engine is already warm?

Edited by smobey_sutton2

I had a similar problem with my coolent temp sensor on my na, it was dodgy (eventually the engine management light came on) and the car wouldn't start first time when cold but when it was hot first Time everytime maybe something to consider :)

James

This is what tuning developments sent me when I was chatting to them!

ECU codes, in the diagnostic port under the bonnet, bridge TE1 and E1 with a paperclip, then put your ignition to the on position, count the flashes from the ECU light and let me know what the codes are.

It'll give you two numbers for each code, with a pause between them, ie:

Flash... Flash... Flash........................... Flash

That would be code 31

See what pops up mate it may well have something to do with your start up

James

Edited by jimmymac101

As JimmyMac said could be the engine coolant temperature sensor playing up. If you use the EOBD2 (Diagnostic Plug in). Go into live data, and look to see what temperature the sensor is reading the outside temperature to be etc. You'll soon hopefully spot something that indicates what it is.

ok then mate :) ill give it a go im no good with electrical side of things :/

Nor am I mate, follow those instructions it's simple as hell! And saves money on a diagnostic test on a garage :) on the lid of the diagnostic port is a label of what's what so your see where to put the paper clip, and then all you do is turn ignition on ( do not start engine ) and count the flashing lights as td said :)

Post up what the lights show when you do it :)

James