I had a similar issue I eliminated the icv by blocking the ports and seeing if it changed, pcv replacement, vacs as suggested, screws as suggested and map sensor adjustment.. Also check your throttle body and cable :)

I have a similar problem! Except mine is the ther way around!

On start up its fine, about 800-1k.. Then after being run around for a while it will sit at about 2k... An slowly slowly drop down! Then if I switch her off leave her for 10 mins she starts up at 800-1k again??

Checked the vacs all seem fine , but it wouldn't be the vacs as it drops to 1000rpm when warm I don't want it lower than that , how do you adjust the map sensor ??

There's a sticky in Tgtt mate, apparently it's quite a pain in the ass job!!

Sticky bov also ? I checked this also to see if it was stuck open slightly, all I did was clean it out, but It didn't work for me but who knows!!

Edited by Danza V

I have a similar problem! Except mine is the ther way around!On start up its fine, about 800-1k.. Then after being run around for a while it will sit at about 2k... An slowly slowly drop down! Then if I switch her off leave her for 10 mins she starts up at 800-1k again??

Idle cobtrol valve? I'd try blocking it off and then start it up and see if it cures your issue matey :) I mean I dont have a lot of experience with this issue but all I'm doing is just saying the things I checked tbh.. Edited by Danza V