Wiring a Sub, loosing power.

I recently purchased a sub. And had some help from James to wire it up. All wires are connected to the correct place. The power from the battery to the sub. The constant from the stereo to the sub. The ground from a bolt on the back of the back seats to the sub. All fuses are working. And the aux cables ofcourse in the right place; checked the stereo handbook. The bass on the stereo is also on (+10)

The issue is that when I put the keys on and turn them once, turning the stereo on, or with the engine started. The power going to the sub drops from 12 volts to 4. Which isnt enough to actually turn the sub on so it doesnt work. When the car is completely off the sub has 12 volts of power. I dont know why the sub looses its power when I turn the car on.

I think that maybe the issue could my battery not being strong enough. This is because that when i start my car on a bitterly cold morning the window struggles to come down, the car whines ect. im sure you know what i mean. To stop if you have to turn things off that are using power.

But please give leave comment if you have any infomation for me!

Thanks Tom.