using some coolent but nothing else?

hi guys, ice noticed since having a hybrid setup done a month or so back the car seems to use more coolent than before.

e.g. i could go a drive of 50 miles mixed driving styles and the coolent could be from full to half full.

no obvious leaks or spots on the ground, no oil usage, no over heating issues.

would this be classed as normal or any thoughts?

its defo shouldnt be " using " coolant its a closed system

if you have to keep topping it up every 100 miles then there is either a leak somewhere or its finding its way into the engine

have you checked the oil for water? oil will sit on top of water id say take a sample from the sump and leave it sit in a clear container for a hour and see if there is any in it, you should see them split apart leave the car sit for a couple of hours before hand before you do it

if there is no wet spot on the ground then it could be getting burned it would cause white smoke from the exhaust, do you fell like your down on power at all?

you could also see if the hg has gone by doing a compression test

also check for wentess under the glovebox it could be a matrix issue either

if you cover all of the above you will find whats causing it assuming its not just down to the engine being hot and cold as they will lower and raise when the car is on or off

Ok great thanks for the replies.

a compression check was done 2 weeks ago and 150psi across all.

No white smoke and not down on power from what i can feel.

i will try the sump thing at the weekend just to cover that its not in the oil..

its very strange!