TD04 setup, doing this right?

Hey lads,

As my stock ct9 is spitting out a bit of oil and have an almost complete TD04 setup in my storage I'm seriously in doubt of installing this.

I don't want to go forged (yet) but what else do I need to have it run pretty well at about 200bhp?

What I have:

-Zisco TD-series turbo kit (ramhorn header, downpipe and screamer)

-Rotated and internal gate welded shut WRX TD04L.

-Tuning Developments oil and waterlines

-Silicone oil return

-Gaskets

What I know I still need:

-38mm external wastegate with 0.5 or less spring

-Silicone couplers to fit FMIC

Supporting mods I have installed / about to be installed:

-GoFastBits electronic boost controller

-2.5" Japspeed catback

-Oil pressure / temp gauges

-Boost gauge

-Blitz FMIC (with RW-Developments short route pipe)

-AEM wideband lambda

-255L p/h fuelpump

-Adjustable FPR

-Heat range 5 or 6 NGK sparkplugs

And I also have a Greddy emanage blue but not sure if I need to install this to have it run properly @200bhp.

Is it even possible to run a td04 with a stock ECU or is an aftermarket ECU or piggyback with proper mapping a must, even for 200bhp??

Also, will I be ok with the stock injectors and maybe even the sparkplugs and stock fuelpump??

I can basicly monitor the most important stuff going on in the engine (oil pressure, temp, boost and A/F-ratio) but will it be enough to have the TD04 setup run safely on a daily drive??

Edited by sd075

you can run the TD04 on the stock ECU and stock injectors no problem, you just need a RRFPR and a FCD, you can run 200hp no problem at 1.0bar on the stock ECU or if you get it mapped with emanagement blue you can probably hit 200hp running less boost at more like 0.8-0.9bar which will be more friendly to your stock internals.

It is worth spending £50 on an uprated walbro fuel pump though to ensure you get decent fuel rail pressure, the stock one will do but it will be old and not worth running the risk.

Hope that helps

I have made a TD04 guide for starlets on you tube, search my username mctaggart99

I have an uprated fuel pump, just needs to be installed.

I'm guessing that won't be a bad thing to do either way. :)

Is there any noticeable difference in running 200bhp with a ct9/hybrid ct9 and a TD04?

As in more torque, spool up, better high range rpm boost etc?