Driveshaft CV joint confusion

Okay. so, my outer cv joint is fucked on my '98 spec glanza. I've had no luck finding a replacement shaft, so I'm just gonna replace the cv joint.

I know that the cv joint splines are different (apparently at random) so the only way to find out is to remove the shaft and count the splines. But!

Is it the splines that slot into the hub, or the splines from the shaft into the outer cv that i need to be counting?

I always thought it was the outer splines that differed and the inner was the same, but after looking at the replacement cv's on camskill it states that the outer splines on both is 23 but the inner differs between 23 and 30. Never heard of it being this way round though :S

Any help would go down a treat because my cars got a serious clickety grind on the go at the moment! Thanks :)

I thought it was the internal ones to be honest buddy.

Only way to find out is to take it off and count them regardless so even if you do find out you will still have to take it off anyway lol.

Yeah I think I'm just gonna take it apart tomorrow. Just hope it doesnt fall apart when I remove it lol

Had this exact same problem yesterday rung camskill and they said the splines into the hub are all 23 it's the ones in the cv joint that differ. Don't suppose you know how hard it is to split the joint do you?