F-con Pressure sensor?

Hi guys,

Will be fitting my PFC Fcon this weekend to my ep82, but am unsure about 1 thing.

When i come to hooking up the pressure sensor where do it take vacume from??

it says it has to be fitted after the throttle body, but after talking with Toby, he said I shouldnt T'ee into anything and should find a fresh vacume.

but cant find a fesh vacume point, so not sure what to do

If any body could help me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Hi guys,

Will be fitting my PFC Fcon this weekend to my ep82, but am unsure about 1 thing.

When i come to hooking up the pressure sensor where do it take vacume from??

it says it has to be fitted after the throttle body, but after talking with Toby, he said I shouldnt T'ee into anything and should find a fresh vacume.

but cant find a fesh vacume point, so not sure what to do

If any body could help me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Didnt you get an instruction manual with it bud ?

Have a look on google and you will find a manual telling you to t into the intake manifold line.

If you cant find a manual , give me youre email address and ill email you some photos of the american manual.

you have egt and wideband gauges to set it up ?

Have got a manual printed off, which is the same as this one, http://www.fd3s.net/fcon_install.html

Its just i was a little confused after speaking with Toby about T'eeing into another vacume point, but if its ok i will T'ee into a vacume point after the throttle body.

it is vacume i want and not Turbp pressure, or is that the same???

Cheers again

Nick

Have got a manual printed off, which is the same as this one, http://www.fd3s.net/fcon_install.html

Its just i was a little confused after speaking with Toby about T'eeing into another vacume point, but if its ok i will T'ee into a vacume point after the throttle body.

it is vacume i want and not Turbp pressure, or is that the same???

Cheers again

Nick

Im pretty sure its the pressure sensor line you want to t off of.Dont hold me to that though, as i had a revision 3 pfc and it altered the stock pressure sensor signal.

Taking that into consideration, id have thought 90% sure its the pressure sensor line you want to t into.

Double check with Toby as he has run a pressure sensor version pfc before i think.

Thats the same manual i had.

My manual i had with my version just showed the wiring layout of how to splice into the ecu harness and wire in a fcd and gcc.

As for the FCD and GCC that is allready wired in by the previous owner. would ask him about the pressure sensor but he never got round to fitting the Fcon. :unsure:

Sorry for being a bit thick, but when you say

id have thought 90% sure its the pressure sensor line you want to t into.
which pressure line??

cheers for help dude

Nick

As for the FCD and GCC that is allready wired in by the previous owner. would ask him about the pressure sensor but he never got round to fitting the Fcon. :unsure:

Sorry for being a bit thick, but when you say which pressure line??

cheers for help dude

Nick

Well this is purely guess work.

But as its a pressure sensor. and it needs to alter pressure sensor signal

Id have guessed at the map sensor vacum line.

just a guess though bud, like i said my version spliced into the pressure sensor feed in the ecu and altered it that way.

Ok was just looking through some old u2u's from toby and, yes you are right it is a MAP sensor.

will try to T into a point after the throttle body after fitting the Fcon and then see how it goes. Any thoughts on T into FPR vacume??

Cheers again dude, your a massive help and good to have someone one here that know a thing or two about this stuff :unsure:

Ok was just looking through some old u2u's from toby and, yes you are right it is a MAP sensor.

will try to T into a point after the throttle body after fitting the Fcon and then see how it goes. Any thoughts on T into FPR vacume??

Cheers again dude, your a massive help and good to have someone one here that know a thing or two about this stuff :unsure:

Thanks Nick :p

If i can help somebody i allways try just as you or any other member on here would :p

I was pretty sure it was the map sensor line, but not 100%

Thats pretty much the only vacum it would use to tell what pressure it needs and to adjust accordingly.

If i were you bud, i would try a T into the map sensor vacum line, just below the sensor itself.Hook a wideband gauge up, and if the reading goes crazy, its the wrong line lol.

There dead easy to setup, either take it to a rolling road and have them use there afr equipment or just buy youre own gauges.There allways handy gauges to run in a turbo car.

I run an AEM wideband, and i used a mates exhaust gas temp gauge when i installed my pfc and set it up.

You should notice a nice difference, should pull like a beast on boost.