Greddy Profec B spec II

Hey, me again needing yet more help and advise :)

Ok, bought a Greddy EBC on sunday, have been looking through the instructions on how to fit.

T in to the FPR vacume then put hose to the unit in the car not a prob then wiring the unit in, ok there.

But with the 2 hoses coming off the solenoid, am a bit unsure on where to put these, looking at the instructions one goes on the actuator and one goes to a intercooler pipe, but am still a bit unsure.

so if someone could tell me or show me a pic of which actual pipes to take off/join whatever that would be great

Thanks

Nick

Hey dude,

Yep have got a HKS actuator to go on.

Is it the same if i use the standard actuator or different??

If youre running the stock actuator you will need a tpiece on the vacum lines.

So you have both 1 vacum from the COM port on the solenoid, going into a T , then from one side of the tpiece going to 1 port on the actuator , and from the other side of the t piece going to the other port on the actuator.

Then the vacum from the NO port, going to the turbo comp housing bud.

I wouldnt run a standard actuator with a profec though bud.

You will get much better results running a single port, uprated actuator like a jam or hks etc.

Holds boost stronger, rather than the old shite standard jobbies leaking it which gives the boost controller solenoid more work to do, having to maintain the desired set pressure :)

Hope that makes sense ? lol (Drunken post)

No worrys Nick :)

It is a lot less confusing with a hks actuator fitted bud.

Once youve fitted one boost controller, youll be laughing with what ever car you get in the future because they all fit the same way.

Only boost controller that differs is the Apexi avcr.

Only because it has alot more in depth settings.It plumbs up exactly the same way though :p

Get a How2 up when youre fitting it bud, and if you have any problems dont hesitate to throw me a pm

No worrys Nick :)

It is a lot less confusing with a hks actuator fitted bud.

Once youve fitted one boost controller, youll be laughing with what ever car you get in the future because they all fit the same way.

Only boost controller that differs is the Apexi avcr.

Only because it has alot more in depth settings.It plumbs up exactly the same way though :p

Get a How2 up when youre fitting it bud, and if you have any problems dont hesitate to throw me a pm

Thats good to know they are all fairly the same to setup on other cars

will def try to do a How 2 guide when ive fitted it. would be good to return the favour and help others out for a change B)

Thanks again

Nick

Thats good to know they are all fairly the same to setup on other cars

will def try to do a How 2 guide when ive fitted it. would be good to return the favour and help others out for a change :p

Thanks again

Nick

Any help is good help :)

Installing it wont be the problem, but setting it up and gettting steady boost holding is the more.. shall i say "fun" part B)

Any help is good help B)

Installing it wont be the problem, but setting it up and gettting steady boost holding is the more.. shall i say "fun" part :p

Oh great B) its all fun and games :(

Hopefully it wil be all worth it in the end, Bits to go on so far are, Blitz FMIC, HKS F-CON, HKS actuator, Zep De-cat, AEM wideband, Greddy EBC.

Hopfully with it all fitted and mapped up i should make a good gain in power. :)

While im here what would be a safe boost level to run and also if i was going to get an uprated Head gasket what size would be suitable?