Looks like its been running well to me, looks a little on the rich side due to the carbon deposits, but thats normal on a turbo motor and one thats been ran for some time.

Combustion looks as if its been well under control, the area of no colouration is known as the squish area, you'll probably find that this ares of the cylinder head also has little carbon deposit build up.

On cylinders 2 & 3 at the bottom where there is also no colouration could well indicate that the piston is coming too close to the combustion chamber, this retards the ignition flame.

I would check the cylinder head for the same kinda colourless patches, I wouldn't worry about it as the spark plug is slap bang in the centre of the head, this is where combustion is going to take place, hence the build up of carbon. You will be losing a touch of power on these cylinders, but in terms of the health of the engine its nothing to be scared about :)

A turbo motor will always run slightly rich. Whats the reason for pulling the head off in the first place?

This would be very unlikely to cause your hesitation problem providing you have good compression.

Its not likely the block will warp but check it with a straight edge and a torch. Its essential to atleast check it if the short motor isn't being removed from the car.