Right I have a fuel cut defender installed on my starlet ep82 an I set it to number 8, but it still fuel cuts? but I have. Boost controller that isn't set up yet and a fuel pressure reg which is getting set up on 27th could this be a reason for it still hitting fuel cut anything over 0.75 it fuel cuts badly any ideas could the fuel cut defender be nackerd?

no the fuel pressure isnt relevant to when boost cut is activated, only the fcd affects that

its possible that your boost is spiking up to where boost cut has now been moved to

i should point out that you should have the fuel pressure set up first, then start raising the boost pressure

if the sard has a pressure gauge you can set the fuelling yourself

you should have the car running, remove the small vac pipe from the sard, then set the pressure to 3bar/44psi, then reattach the vac pipe

Edited by Weyro

setting 12 is basically off, it has the least affect oh the MAP signal

are you running the standard ct9 turbo? if you have a decat, and cone filter, this can make the boost spike up really high, only way to really stop this is to restrict the air filter, by partially wrapping it with duct tape, or to port the wastegate inside the turbo

Yeah I'm running standard ct9 with a ported mani, Decat an screamer pipe, uprated fuel reg, uprated fuel pump, Fmic, come filter relocation kit sits right at the front of the grill, fcd, boost controller, it's odd as soon as I go over 0.8 bar give it till about 4000 rpm then it's like your hitting a brick wall an it pops flames haha, it's all getting set up etc on 27th but I just wounderd maybe the fcd isn't working but when I turn the car on an turn the setting up or down the car shakes slightly so it must be doing something?

yea its definitely doing something if its making the engine dip a bit when u turn the dial, but it could still be faulty.

what boost controller do you have?

try setting the fcd to 12, so its basically off, and try setting your boost controller to 0.8bar and get it to hold the boost steady

once you have done that, then put the fcd to setting 10, and boost to 0.9 bar and get it to hold steady

then finally setting 8, and 1bar boost

remember to set the fuel pressure first

if the car is hitting fuel cut even with the boost set at 0.8bar then its definitely a boost spike

Yes that's right, the vac line lowers the pressure when at idle, and raises it when on boost. So as long as its 3bar with the vac pipe off that's fine.

That's probably one of the newer versions so I'm not really sure, but ill look into it

Aw thats crap, the nut doesn't need to be really tight.