HEL 4 or 6 braided brake lines?

hello all

So ive been reading that there are two rubber hoses to each rear caliper so it would make sense to need a 6 line kit from HEL . BUT i have seen that some kits come with 6 and some come with 4 braided lines. Are the 4 kits long enough to replace all the rubber hoses on the rear or will they miss out two (one each side)?

Basically ive seen camskill do the 4 line kit for £55ish but on iddys website the 4 kit is £70ish and 6 line £100

i have no idea what i should be ordering, i want to replace all the hoses. can anyone help?

cheers

steve

Hi

If you want to replace all hoses, I would go for the 6 piece kit.

The 4 piece kit will miss out two of the hoses (at the rear). They will replace the calliper hoses but not the ones from the axle to the car.

Cheers

Idrees

I assume that would be if they removed the hose from the axle to the car, and fitted the hose straight from the car to the calliper. I'm not sure who makes a kit that's long enough for that though.

Cheers

Idrees

ahhh OK so there's two metal lines running to the rear axle, then two rubber to each hub (guessing into another metal line) then two from there another rubber hose to each caliper? that make sense.

i dont see the point in a kit if it doesn't replace all the rubber hoses.

does anyone have a picture to confirm this?