Newbie manifold question

Im a complete novice when it comes to doing mechanical things but i want to upgrade to a corolla manifold... Ive read as much as i can find on the forums but I'm still a little clueless...

I know its gen 1 4efe inlet manifold, and its a little difficult to get to the bolts but its a straight swap... Do i need to change anything else when installing it? What do i do with the throttle body?

And i suppose the most important question is, 1-10, 10 been the most difficult how hard is this swap? And should i even attempt it been a kak handed novice? Haha

I can do it in 20minutes. The most important thing is use gasket sealer. I dont care how many people say use new gaskets or it was ok when I did it. The best advice is buy some gasket seal.

Its not a hard job and you cant mess it up so dont have a go at it and most importantly ENJOY IT and be glad its not a honda :)

Edited by rmsnoel

The gen1 manifold is not a straight swap. A tubular corolla manifold is a straight swap.

# remove the airbox lid and big pipe to the throttlebody

#Hold the throttlebody open and undo the throttle cable

#Unplug 2plugs on the throttle, the thick black pipe on front of manifold, the tiny little pipe on the side of the manifold to the spaceship on the fuel rail (drivers side)

#The thick black pipe and tiny pipe on the back of the manifold

# Unscrew the earth wire on the back of the manifold. Dont forget to reattach this

# Now,,, theres a bracket underneath the manifold that needs unbolted. You can leave the bracket there, just unbolt it from the manifold. Its easiest to unbolt it from below the car using a socket on a few extension bars but reach it however u like.

#unbolt the 4 nut/bolt on the throttlebody and pull it away allowing it to sit toward the airbox.

You do not remove any pipes!!

# Theres just the manifold to head bolts now.

Loosen the top 3 with a ring spanner (12mm)

And unbolt the bottom 2 with a socket on extension by reaching in behind where the throttlebody/airbox was.

# there should only be the front brace to remove now