Hi guys

I am about to start building a forged engine for my glanza being a mechanic myself i am goiny do it myself was just looking for any major tips or anything to help. I have reciently bought a N/a engine which i aim to pull to bits and use the block crank and head as a base. I am thinking of buyin a package deal i saw which consists of :

Wossner forged pistons (thinking 75mm)

ZRP forged connecting rods

Athena MLS steel headgasket ( not sure 1.2 or 1.4?)

ACl main bearings and thrust washer set

Calico coated ACL big end bearing set

As i have as much time as i need to build it anytips about the head? Different valve's ? Cams?

Measure everything if you want a nice blueprinted engine is the advice I'll give. Also make sure to get it static and dynamically balanced as this will reduce the wear on the bearing shells. Take your time and double check everything.

Wouldn't bother with going for different valves or cams unless your looking to crack 350+bhp.

You got a flow map of that turbo? Anything which you can run around 1.7 bar you'll most likely benefit from some cams. Oversized valves aren't needed until around the 460bhp mark.

You'll also be better off going with some uprated valve springs and some head studs.

Fair enough, someone over on TGTT just got hold of a billet VF35 and he said that spools up around 500rpm quicker and is one of the best turbo's he's used.

What is it you need to know pal?

Wiseco pistons

Pauter/Carillo rods

4AGE ARP head studs

4AGE ARP cranks studs

TRD 0.6mm headgasket (discontinued item now though)

ACL bearing shells

Building the engine is custom, everyone has their own do's and dont's, and tricks but they won't be likely to be given out :p

Edited by AdamB