Dial lights and interior light help?

Hi guys,

Now I know everyone hates electrics but these two problems of mine are those really irritating ones that I need to fix.

1. Fault number one is that, when driving the car in the dark for the first time we noticed that the light in behind the dials does not illuminate when the head lights are on... the needles light up so there is a tiny bit of light but no lightest dials... any ideas? Is it just bulbs in behind there or is it LED's on a circuit board?

2. The interior light does not illuminate when trying to switch it manually or opening the door.

Can anyone help me with how to find the connections that might be lose for the dials/the location of the LEDs? And is the interior light just a case of buying a new one?

Would really appreciate some help, sorry if they are really obvious answers too!

Thanks in advance,

Alice :)

There are four bulbs behind the speedo. Two 501 and two 286. It's probably the 501s that have gone.

As for you interior light, if the bulb is ok try the fuse called "Dome" found in the drivers footwell fuse box. Failing those its a loose connection at the light, which does plague some cars.

Right, I took everything apart in the dash and all the bulbs seem to be okay. Shall I just try replacing them anyway? Or there was one little black plug that wasn't connected to anything which I've taken a photo of - is this for the lights for the dials? Sorry, I'll have to upload pics later as I don't have them at the moment.

Thanks for all of your help so far :)

Are the bulbs for the dials the largest ones in the centre of the circuit board? I thought these might be for the needles, but they seem okay. The needles do light up, and so do all of the other lights pretty much - just the actual lighting up of the dials that doesn't work! I presume the bulbs around the outside are for fuel light/airbag light/etc?

Thank you all for your help so far! :)

Alice