What rods to Wiseco pistons fit?

It's been done before quite a few times, although I always say if you've gone to the length of replacing the pistons, you may as well just spend an extra few quid and get the rods as well.

I agree with you mate, my attitude is always over-engineer (where I can afford to), but it's just forged 5e rods are so expensive and tbh I have every faith in the FHE ones being reliable at the power levels I want, so it seems a waste to chuck 'em :(

Was just planning on forged pistons, as ringlands are such a well documented weak point and just wanted to future proof while I was having the engine all apart lol

the forged pistons are made for the forged rods (the pin pivots in the rod) which is why there is oil holes and brass bushings in the rod little ends. stock rods dont have oil holes in the little end, as the pin pivots in the piston, not the rod! cant pivot steel on steel mate, thats why theres oil holes inside the piston to lube the pin so it can pivot on the piston :)

Hmm I see what your saying, but seems strange how other people have used Wiseco pistons before on stock rods without a problem.

I agree with you mate, my attitude is always over-engineer (where I can afford to), but it's just forged 5e rods are so expensive and tbh I have every faith in the FHE ones being reliable at the power levels I want, so it seems a waste to chuck 'em :(

Was just planning on forged pistons, as ringlands are such a well documented weak point and just wanted to future proof while I was having the engine all apart lol

I know mate, I agree. Pauter rods for the 5E are stupid amounts compared to the rest.

Check these out :thumbsup:

http://www.maxspeedingrods-store.com/Toyota-5EFE-connecting-rods-4-pieces-CR-TOY-5EFE.htm

Yeah thats true. Although if they are good enough to make 294whp on I'm sure they'll last a fair amount of time on a lower spec engine.

I agree though, playing it safe will be best in the long run as you'll always have doubts.

I know mate, I agree. Pauter rods for the 5E are stupid amounts compared to the rest.

Check these out :thumbsup:

http://www.maxspeedingrods-store.com/Toyota-5EFE-connecting-rods-4-pieces-CR-TOY-5EFE.htm

Those look smart mate, do you know what the quality is like? You reckon the import tax would be a stinger on them? :) Edited by uberphil88