d2 coilovers front suspension leaking.

It works out cheaper to get a new one from d2 direct bud :)

Oh right, I don't really want a new set of d2s, this set was only on my car 12 months and had covered a small amount of miles before they started leaking, I've only just got round to sorting it out though as I needed it on the road for a bit, cheers.

I phoned d2 UK earlier and they want £150 each plus vat,

I'm not paying because personally I think they are shite, they didn't last five minutes.

Could I keep the back ones on and get a different brand for the front or is that considered bad practise?

What brands are tried and tested for the same kind of money?

Thats the first time i've ever heard anyone knocking D2's for their longevity mate. I'm running them with no leaks, knocks or issues and they've been on the car for a good few years?

Maybe you got unlucky and got a dodgy batch.......are they not still under warranty if they're that new?

Other coilovers people seem to think are perfect for uk roads are Meisters (bit more money) or BC's?

Yeah but like I explained....they are shit!!! And don't last five minutes.

i find them fantastic for their price!! ive had mine on a year and i think they have been on the car for 2/3 years before i bought them, so good going if you ask me!! ive had Teins, HSD's, Ksports all of them have leaked/popped, i think its how you use them and look after them, if you clean them loosen the collars and adjust the dampening regularly then they tend to last longer, no coilovers are indestructible. and £150 for a new unit isnt bad that £600 for a new set and most retailers sell them at 650-700

Peter

i find them fantastic for their price!! ive had mine on a year and i think they have been on the car for 2/3 years before i bought them, so good going if you ask me!! ive had Teins, HSD's, Ksports all of them have leaked/popped, i think its how you use them and look after them, if you clean them loosen the collars and adjust the dampening regularly then they tend to last longer, no coilovers are indestructible. and £150 for a new unit isnt bad that £600 for a new set and most retailers sell them at 650-700

Peter

Fair comment, they charge 150 plus vat just for the damper insert not the whole unit, I'll probably give them a second chance though if they are generally a good item plus I would like to keep the same suspension setup all round

Thats the first time i've ever heard anyone knocking D2's for their longevity mate. I'm running them with no leaks, knocks or issues and they've been on the car for a good few years?

Maybe you got unlucky and got a dodgy batch.......are they not still under warranty if they're that new?

Other coilovers people seem to think are perfect for uk roads are Meisters (bit more money) or BC's?

They are out of warranty now because they have been leaking for a while but I needed the car on the road, I've had a think about it today and I'm gonna get mine rebuilt because other than the leak there mint and is gonna be my cheapest option. Cheers