WHATS THE BEST OIL?

10W40 may breakdown in the turbo causing bearings to wear faster/basically metal on metal espec if it's cheaper oils.

20W50 is more suited to type of turbo on a GT/Glanza also an older turbo will be worn so thicker oil won't be as likely to leak past the seals. I have been speaking to the turbo peeps who are rebuilding my hybrid at the mo and thats what he recommends. Being a guy who makes his living from turbo's i'd listen to him personally.

Up to you though.

10W40 may breakdown in the turbo causing bearings to wear faster/basically metal on metal espec if it's cheaper oils.

20W50 is more suited to type of turbo on a GT/Glanza also an older turbo will be worn so thicker oil won't be as likely to leak past the seals. I have been speaking to the turbo peeps who are rebuilding my hybrid at the mo and thats what he recommends. Being a guy who makes his living from turbo's i'd listen to him personally.

Up to you though.

thanx for ya help..... a will hav to get scoot on to reed these posts before HE decides which way to go..... either way , the oil will be changed 2 mora. Complictaed stuff this iznt it lol. a jsut drive it haha. :unsure: and wash it ov cors. :wacko: cheers Janice X

No worries,most folks use 10W40 and don't notice any issues but looking at your car it looks fairly modded so is probably running higher turbo temps etc so the oil may be more likely to breakdown.

oil choice is always a tricky subject and many will argue their choice of oil is the right one but i go with what i have been recommended by a pro not what my mate uses. :unsure:

Just because everyone else uses something it dosn't always make it right. :wacko:

Always happy to help. :p

:wacko: kk its all done..... scoot went for the 10/40 semi sinth...... and it defo needed changing.... been out in it today and she iz running beatiful. :p cheers for all your PROMT help and advise. Janice XXXX :unsure: