Glanza, Revs problem

Everytime when i drive my car the revs seems to hang around random numbers. For instence i will be driving and when i put the clutch in or put it in neutral the revs will just go up to like 3,000, it seems if i give it a bit of a rag up the rev range it will drop past the sticking point and usually drop back down to what it should be. It sticks anywhere really, from like 1,500 - 3,500, but it revs normally, i still have all the response as normal on the throttle.

Was thinking it is probably my throttle cable sticking? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendon

Did you sort this dude? Got similar problems with me..

revs go crazy and if i dip the clutch they die and return back to normal for a few seconds and hit the roof again :/

its also very jerky in over run and low so again i got to dip the clutch to make it die down.

I've changed the ICV, Cold start valve and throttle position sensor yet problem is still there.

• 2 weeks later...

nah mine is still playing up :/

spoke to a mate at work and he suggested cleaning my ICV as i was edging towards it being a sticky cable. But if you say you have changed all of that then my advice isnt of any help :) Is the ICV easy to get at and clean?

Thanks

Brendon

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh balls!! I cleaned my ICV out but no good for me. I've gone down the extent of buying a new fmic now as mines bashed about so not sure it's it's leaking.

The ICV is easy to get to and clean. It's right on the end of the inlet left side. Held in by two small 10mm bolts and some earth leads attatched the right side bolt. Take it off and pry the tabs over a little and remove the insides. Be carful it doesn't all fall out when your doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Drako you might want to try your temp sensor. But check for any leaks first. Seems like a sticky throttle if you ask me. Or it could also be an earthing problem. Theres also a guide somewhere on how to calibrate your tps. It might not be calibrated. Just things to check out for.

good luck anyway