Where to get stronger alve springs?

Hi,

As I need to change my headgasket and bought a head set with all gaskets and seals needed to revise the full head I want to know where I can get a bit stronger valve springs so I am able to turbo the engine or reuse the head on a maybe turboed 5E.

As I am in germany it's not possible to get the FTE by any means (at least not cheap enough for me). So I need aftermarket ones or anyone selling his and willing to ship em to Germany.

• 1 month later...

depends on what you want but the 4efte valve springs can take quite some revs. on a 4efte people rev them to 8k and they are fine. unless you want to go over that then i wouldnt see why you would want to spend so much on valve springs.

The reason is simple, many engines have now done in excess of 80k miles and the springs would have sagged and lost their tension, allowing the valve to bang against its seat, possibly destroying the seat or even worse dropping the valve head.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, late answer due to not having internet. Well, mine's a NA and I want it to rev a bit more. But as the engine has run 220k km alreadyI wanted a bit better springs. Even fte ones would be better, but in Germany iit's easier to get a few 5Es than a fte.