FAO EVERYONE- Need peoples views

forget the grooved/drilled discs nonsense (anyone who mentions my Grooved discs will be wet-willied...and not with my finger), if you people are seriously experiencing brake fade, all you'll need are perhaps are Levin sized caliper/disc.

One thing alot of people neglect is that the braking force in a car is distributed between the front and rear wheels...and as such, their maximum braking efficiency is meant to be delivered with the stock ratio. When you suddenly increase the front end braking capability, you're pretty much left with the rear wheels doing next to fluff all, and as such, the braking balance is destroyed. As a result, you MAY feel the braking is much better, as to be fair, the clamping force will be greater, the pedal feel/modulation will be better...but you won't actually stop better. It's been proven many times. You have to uprate the rear to a degree, so starting with discs (which don't overheat as quick as Drums) at the rear, followed by uprated pads should help matters to a degree. But if you're stupid and get D2 Racing 8 Pots on the front of a car weighing 850kg ish...well...don't complain when you mysteriously endo into a crash.

Oh, a big thing people fail to realise, as Mark has mentioned - big brakes dissipate heat better...true...but as a result, they need more heat to work properly, sometimes incredibly so. You'll all think "bah, I'll just brake more, then I'll be fine". No, that's not the point, they work at their optimum temperature, if your brakes are cold, they'll simply not work...and you're not all race drivers, or racing, you're not going to be keeping your brakes upto temperature all the time. Please don't get bigger brakes just for the sake of having bigger brakes, or cause people say they're better...they ARE ultimately better, but only if you use them the way they need to be used. Match the brakes to your car, not to what you think they will be like - they need to be matched to the car, and not to an individuals wants

You have to uprate the rear to a degree, so starting with discs (which don't overheat as quick as Drums) at the rear, followed by uprated pads should help matters to a degree. But if you're stupid and get D2 Racing 8 Pots on the front of a car weighing 850kg ish...well...don't complain when you mysteriously endo into a crash.

I know what your saying here but my project will be based on improving the front brakes as a rear disc conversion isnt as much of a project if you know what I mean.

I need to apply all the maths and shit from my lectures into my project but converting drums to discs, there isnt much maths or workings out involved.