missfire after injector leaks.

ive been getting a slight miss fire when pulling away on low RPM lately so i tried cleaning the dizzy points and rotart arm which i think helped and then my fuel rail came loose when driving and sprayed fuel everywhere so got that put back in and kept getting a horrible smell of petrol constantly but didnt see anything obvious.

on friday i then noticed drips of fuel from one of the injectors so got all the seals replaced that night and the car was running great but then i noticed i was getting some miss firing in 3rd on WOT..

so i put it in 2nd and again WOT and noticed some very slight signs of missing also buit not as bad as 3rd..

all leads are in tights, running ngk grade 7's only been in less than a year im sure and not covered more than about 6k miles..

fueling has previously been checked on at 1bar and it is spot on so whats the most likely cause?

i've read about the gaps on the plugs maybe needing adjusted but ive been running 1bar for a while now with no issues..

im using Red magnicore leads im sure and the points all seems fine as they do on the dizzy, still pointy.

Spec list-

Dastek- hybrid at 1Bar -grade 7 plugs- magnicore leads- fpr set at what the garage said was perfect- usual mods after that.

it was suggested by a performance garage about the MAF maybe going faulty? i dont remember seeing one? lol

whats your thoughts guys please?

i started getting a slight miss at low RPM when pulling away and i cleaned the dozzy points and rotar arm which seemed to help it.

then i got this fuel leak and after replacing all the seals it felt like it ran alot quicker, so wot in 3rd about 5k rpm i started getting some missing but im sure i heard a little in 2nd also which made me wonder if maybe ive had this little leak for a while as ive always smelt a little petrol in the cabin..

petrol usage now seems alright and about average, i had something simular on my last gt and it was a ignition lead im sure but just seems strange to be happening after the fuel leak doesnt it?

maybe i was loosing a little fuel pressure or something i dunno tbh.

whats your thoughts?

I went out today and changed the rotar arm and cleaned the plugs. They where capped at .75 so I slightly gapped to .80 but now the miss fire is awful, any kind of boost and it starts to splitter.. the plugs looked ok, not white and not black. Only about a year old . Any suggestions ?

that looks brand new mate. u shud see mine after I cleaned. The cuts in the metal bits are deeeeeeper. I might neeed to change it.

Also mate what ECU you got. I got a Blitz ECU for 2 years now. What I did today I took the negative terminal off the battery and left it for abut 20 mins. Then connected it and guess what. No splutter or misfire or jerkiness lol. Hope it stays like that.

Edited by sosolid

yeh thats what i thought also! ive seen worse.

not even getting boost, as soon as you try get accelerating it splutters. bought new plugs and its just the same,

im borrowing leads from a mate to see if that helps.

i ordered a cap into toyota but if you dont think it needs it then i wont bother with it..

im running a dastek unit, i was only getting miss fire higher up the range in 3rd really but strange how it suddenly got so bad after i changed the rotar arm and cleaned the plugs..

i started a new thread in "engines " with more detail and pics..