Fitted new engine but not running well, suggestions please :-)

Right fitted an engine from a gt into my glanza, thought all was well, until I started it up, it's running very lumpy on tick over, it revs fine but if u try hold the revs it runs lumpy to, the exhaust note doesn't sound right either, it has spark on all 4 plugs, I tried loosing off the distributor and adjusting the position but no joy. Anyone got any suggestions what to check next? Everything's plugged in, no broken wires from what I can see, engine no light on the dash. Not checked the timing yet but will do tomorrow, anyone got any idea what else to check? Thanks

Sounds like the map sensor, it will run really lumpy without it plugged in properly. Its mounted in the middle top of the rear firewall behind engine ., a small black thing. It will have a pipe coming off it which needs to be connected to a vacume pipe on the inlet manifold. Double check the plug is in and there are no broken wires, (there are 3 wires).

Give that a try

Edited by Taggy