99 T Reg White Glanza V Shell

After almost finalising a deal with Stroudy, he has HPI'd it before coming down to pay for it today and it has come back as a CAT C. I'm pretty annoyed to say the least as I bought it off 'The Toffinator' who told me it was HPI clear, and now he's saying he had no idea about that when be bought it from Mickey Boy 3 years ago. Moral of the story, always HPI a car no matter how much you trust the seller or how cheap the car is. 😡

Due to this I will now have to break the car so please send all enquiries via PM. I will make a new breaking thread this afternoon.

Just to clarify this, not once did i say it was HPI Clear, i bought it from micky due to the knowledge and honesty i always recieved from him, i removed the bumpers to check for damage which there wasnt any, And never HPI checked the car myself due to how clean it was! photos in the build thread of the car completely stripped and painted with once again no damage (Proof is still there), and as far as i was aware it was never crashed before i got it, or in my possesion.

As i said it was possibly CAT C due to paint damage and the fact they value them on UK Starlet prices not a £4000 glanza for example, so a £600 uk starlet that has been keyed will be written off due to the cost.

Car hasnt been crashed, has no chassis damage, hence why i bought the car. If i knew it was CAT C i would have stated, and i think most importantly i wouldnt plow over £10,000 worth of mods into a crashed car which im sure everyone will understand!

You come across very arrogant IMO idrees and i have always used you as a trader, had a decent level of service from you and had no problem with you.

Not once have i been rude, sworn at you or anything else as i was genuiney unaware it was a write off.

The shell was very cheap, still had a lot of value worth of parts on which you cant argue with, you wont lose money either.

Yes its a bit shit that its been categorized but shit happens, im a bit gutted as well to be honest.

I have come across arrogant only due to the fact that I feel I have been done over, and I'm sure you would feel the same way if you had put faith in to any person who you bought a car from only to find it's not what it was advertised as

When Stroudy told me about the HPi check earlier, I looked around the car for signs of accident damage and it's fairly easy to see it's had a whack up the arse. I've taken some pictures just for you but they don't show it very clearly, you can see it a lot easier in person.

You say the shell was "very cheap" but I disagree, I paid the going rate for a clean shell yet when it arrived it had rust arches which you also didn't think was worth mentioning? Anyway, that's another story.

You've painted the interior (with a brush?!) and I fail to believe that you did not notice any of this damage while doing so:

IMG_9745_zpse7ba4691.jpg

IMG_9747_zps72a34c8c.jpg

IMG_9748_zps9b90a303.jpg

IMG_9749_zps263022bb.jpg

IMG_9750_zps40821455.jpg

As I said, it is very difficult to make out the damage in pictures.

The point is Idrees is i never said it was HPI Clear, due to the fact i never checked myself! Its a solid, relatively clean shell that only required minor paintwork. £400 is less than going rate for a shell, especially a 99Reg, and the fact it had wind deflectors, ABS Removal kit,RSR Springs, New rear brake/lines/pads/caliper setup, a pretty much full interior, and the rest of the gear instead of selling i left in the boot for you also. The damage on the latch was from the 5E Engine i had in there, (Ie lifting it in) the floor is flat looking from above and below, and there is a straight line if you look side onto the car showing it hasnt been pushed in before/rammed up the arse. It would be immediately apparent if it had had a whack as it would be all twisted.

Yes it was painted with a brush, as was all the arches, underside, crash bar, front inner wings etc to keep rust at bay and the interior i carried on with as its covered by the interior!!

If it was a complete car worth a lot of money fair enough i would also be a bit pissed, same as im a bit dissapointed it was at some point a CAT C, but the fact its not really damaged, has a fair chunk of value in it, and i had no idea also.

I apologize for the fact it is a CAT C and im a bit gutted tbh.

I paid £500 for the car I'm sure, and that was without half the spares I was selling the car with. Plus delivery cost of about £150 or thereabouts.

You can definitely tell it's been hit, like I said the pictures don't show but when you see it in person it's easy to see and I'm pretty sure you would have noticed when painting it. You can deny it all you want but only a blind man would not notice.

Rant over. Thread can be closed as it's now being broken in another thread.