EP 82 Electric window question

Hi all.

My drivers side window motor works, but i guessed the circlip had broken so removed it replaced circlip but the window still doesnt work, it goes down but the motor carries on running and wont go up, greased everything up but made no difference, any ideas?

I think my passenger side going the same way too, running slow and when partly down the glass vibrates like the drivers did before it went funny. :(

I've recently had issues with my drivers side window but not the same as you. It could be the switch. They're so complicated if you take the casing off. the window switches work on little rockers that are supposed to return to the neutral position when the switch is released and it sounds like yours is getting warm and sticking in the down position. The passenger and driver rockers in the circuit sit right next to each other so chances are if one is on its way out/has gone then the other won't be far behind. Mine was all corroded and beyond repair :( Be VERY careful when taking the switch apart if thats what you try to do as it will fall apart. Bought a replacement off ebay over a week ago now and still not turned up and it's canny warm haha :(

Thanks for reply, took switch apart and it all looks ok. Im sure its something to do with the mechanism that holds the window not responding right like maybe the cogs are slipping but i dont know what else to try. :)