I have recently bought some momo pedals to fit to my ep82 gt and the brake and clutch pedals seem easy enough to fit but how to ifit the accelerator pedal as it doesnt have a rubber cover the pedal itself is plastic, is there any way i can remove this or will i have to fit the new pedal over the plastic original pedal? Even if i did do this the holes on the new pedals are exactly where the pedal stalk is connecting to the pedal. HELP?

Hi mate

I had Razo pedals fitted a little while back, and to get the accelerator pedal on, I had to drill through it twice (the plastic). The only way to get it on is to dot down the position of the new holes you need and drill as close to the stalk as possible to the right so that the new pedal cover doesnt get in the way of the carpet area and that you can still plant your foot fully down, this means the pedal wont be perfectly centered on the old plastic bit but its the only way you'll get an accelerator pedal on. You cant remove the original as its one piece and you will have to put the new pedal over it (pedal cover)

I cant find a pic of them mate and I have no cam at the moment.

Its the same hassle for all EP owners Im afraid. I'll post up if I find a pic, hovever Im sure there are lots of other members who have aftermarket pedals.

Hope this helps.

Joz

ok mate thnkyou for your help, the trouble is the pedals i have bought are quite small and only just cover the original plastic so to fit it to one side would show the plastic underneath. im sure i will find i way to get it on eventually lol, rip the plastic bit off and weld the damn thing on lol!!!!!

Hi mate

If they are that small, maybe better to sell em on and get some slightly bigger ones?

I used to have Momos and before long the rubbers fell off etc, not that great quality tbh.

If you like them, keep em tho.

Here's some pics for reference so u know that a gas pedal can be positioned to fit.

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

Joz

Hi mate

If they are that small, maybe better to sell em on and get some slightly bigger ones?

I used to have Momos and before long the rubbers fell off etc, not that great quality tbh.

If you like them, keep em tho.

Here's some pics for reference so u know that a gas pedal can be positioned to fit.

Joz

thanx for your help buddy, next time i have a saturday off work im gonna have a go fitting them! thanks again!