Interesting spring rate calculator

Hey guys and girls.

Bit of an interesting find here for people wanting a softer or stiffer ride in their starlets.

In the link there's a calculator for getting the correct spring rate for your car. It involves a bit of measuring and a bit of weighing but it can help with the transformation of the ride in your car.

I'm currently running d2 coilovers and due to my ep82 being stripped out the ride is really harsh. Il be using this calculator to figure out what spring rate will be ideal for me.

http://www.ridetech.com/info/spring-rate-calculator/

Don't believe that will be completely correct. You need to know the centre of gravity height and the ride height, along with a few other things, and beside its all down to driver preference as well and understanding vehicle balance.

Edited by AdamB
  • 2 weeks later...

Just something I stumbled across Adam. I want some softer springs for my gt as the ones that have come with the coilovers are ideally suited for a car with a full interior etc. charl has the same coilovers on her gt with a full interior and it handles superb. Mine on the other hand is lighter (no interior in the back etc) so it tends to skip around a bit on the rear end.

Out of interest does anyone know the standard corner weights of a mk3 gt?

Fair enough buddy.

What coilovers you using and whats the current spring rate?

Regarding the corner weights, Mikey might be your best bet, although he a 91 but I can't imagine there's going to be too much in it, a few kg's here or there.