Panhard fitment advice

Has anyone done a "how 2" on fitting a panhard rod to an ep91 or can anyone give me some advice (easily done by a bit of a retard with a decent toolbox?) I'd have a hunt but I'm on my phone and it's a bit of a mission.

Want to get it fitted before the cars in for tracking, or would I be better getting them to fit at the same time?

Easy DIY job with axle stands and a trolley jack.

1. Do all the obvious things such as remove wheels, get the car on stands etc.

2. Use a 17mm socket on a breaker bar to remove the nut holding the panhard rod from the axle

3. Use a 17mm socket and spanner to remove the nut and bolt holding the rod to the car

4. Pry the car off, it can get a bit stuck on the axle

Remember to have a jack under the axle to save it dropping down on you once the panhard rod is undone.

Sorry they are not the best instructions (using my phone) but it gives you a good idea.

• 11 months later...

Just a quick question just bought a whiteline panhard rod and when it turned up has a spacer/thick washer in a seperate packet with it. Any ideas if this has to used and where..?

Thanks for any advise.

• 1 month later...

Adjusting these correctly is the trick to using them - so many just adjust them to the length of the std bar - ideally you need it done when you get the car 4 wheel aligned - because of the way the rear beam works when you lower the car with the std rod the rear beam will sit more to one side than the other - you can get it back to straight by shortening/lengthening the rod.