Sports steering wheel, who has one fitted

Im lookin at maybe geting a sports steering wheel,momo maybe if i can afford what sort of work is involved in fitting etc,and do i need a boss kit to fit it.

Any pics might help me or links to websites etc so i can find the right stuff for the job.

Hey Stevie

I took a different route and got a starlet specific Boss Kit from Japan intended for cars with airbag steering wheels as the inside is larger due to space for the airbag etc (airbag is removed of course) and allows the horn to be hooked up inside. Expensive and a long wait but you get what you pay and wait for!

600x450-2007021700002.jpg

600x450-2007021700001.jpg

Here's some pics of my Bride 320mm replica steering wheel, I have a snap off boss kit installed too which brings the wheel closer to the driver and you can take it off for security reasons.

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

Once you mess about with changing the wheel, you have to go and get the steering re-aligned as chances are you will upset the balance when removing everything. Always disconnect the battery when working on this.

Joz

Most of it is good kit for what you pay, Im happy thats for sure. There are cheaper kits out there but the one I got lets you do it all which means you can wire the horn easier and it fits better for airbag starlets.

If you want any opinions throw some links up here, but at the end of the day get what looks good to you.

Any 6 stud steering wheel will fit your boss kit once you get one as its such a common fitment, so all your momo, sparco and universal sports wheels will fit, ebay uk would have some too, shop around mate.

Happy hunting!

Joz

• 2 months later...

I bought my Boss kit from ebay which was suited to a Toyota MR2 but it fitted with no problems.

I collected it for £15. Here is a link to another Boss kit from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-MR2-MK2-Steer...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a deep dish OMP Corsica steering wheel on the way for mine:

OD1954AN.jpg

A total of about £135, here is the steering wheel on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Corsica-Steering...Q2em118Q2el1247