lower gearbox mount for a 96 P-reg Glanza V Auto

Right, last time my car was on the RR I was told there was excessive engine movement due to a worn lower gearbox mount. I called ID Works today to order a replacement but they told me Powerflex don't make a bush for auto cars. A member sent this info to me earlier.... can anyone confirm that I can use something else (such as a manual bush or a bush for LSD equipped cars) please? Thanks.

I have a glanza auto its not LSD but on the auto the bush is bigger than a manual gearbox mount, I'm not 100% on this only that the LSD bush might fit the auto mount, when I was looking for one an eBay seller said LSD bush will fit for auto mount.

I thought I had a problem with my rear mount bush after going to a car mechanic said I had a lot of play there.

A member told me you can put a manual gearbox mount onto the auto gearbox so I bought a rear gearbox mount off a manual, that fitted fine apart from the mount was a powerflex yellow bush & it just didn't suit the car at all with the car vibrating on standstill was ok when you was moving along, I couldn't cope with it in the end so I decided to get a second hand standard manual rear gearbox mount, when that arrived I compared it to my original gear box mount & mine was much better condition no cracks in the bush at all, went to another car garage they said my original rear mount was fine, haha I just stuck my old one back on in the end, there seems to be still play there but I reckon it's just how they are.

Anyway after me rambling on try & take a PIC of your mount so I can see what it looks like, if it is your original standard mount then like I said there bigger & a LSD bush might fit, but not LSD mount it self or just get a good second had manual mount with a good bush, but if you do have LSD mount then A standard mount will not fit.

cheers

Mike.

Edited by threehundred