severe heater matrix problem

Guest Enzo

ok my header matrix went somehow the otherday, its bust,

the coolent is somehow seaping out of the matrix leaving a thin film of shit on my window to the extent where i have to vigorusly wipe a circle in my line of site, its not good at all

this steam or whatever the fuck it is is eating away at the coolent pretty rapidly where i need to top the radiator up on every trip, can anyone shed somoe advice on if its a burst pipe or if i need a new heater matrix or what.

i need to get this sorted asap as night drivings a harzard the now, has anyone had the same problem or know what the problem is?

the heater matrix is a bit of a gay on starlets.

chances are youll need a new one. because when the pipes go you get that lovely passenger footwell swimming pool optional extra.

your best bet atm mate, is to get some heater pipe (about a foot of it, and from memory its about 15mm ID i think ??). and loop the 2 nipples on the back of the thermo housing. you could even do it with the existing hose tbh. wont take you 5 mins to do.

youll have no heating, but youll also have no misty shit in the car. this will give you time to sort out a new matrix.

minted mate yea funny you should say that just came back from the car where the passenger side well is soaking lol

thanx for that man thats really helped me out with a temporary fix rick as that misty shit was getting on my wick :wacko: