de restricting boost cut in 1st gear

Tried to derestict the boost in 1st gear on my ep91 glanza today. It worked the boost rose to 0.7 bar in 1st gear but then overboosted in 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th. When i planted my foot in 2nd the boos shot up to 1bar and then i let off so i didnt hit fuel cut. Same thing happened in all the other gears. Any ideas why this is happening. I had to return it to normal now its fine.

If youre after a boost controller on a budget , and cant afford an electronic jobby, go for a manual "dawes device" type bleed valve, such as turbo smarts item.

Be cautious of ebay copys though, as there generally wank and bleed boost/spike easily..

Buy direct from companys is my advice if youre after a bleed valve type.

If you can save some pennys, go for an aem/hks/blitz type electronic jobby.. Even better, an apexi avcr..The apexis are slightly dearer but you have more functions on them.

Forget the greddy profec b's unless its the older retro type because ive been through 2 solenoids and 2 control units, uber wank quality.Im running an aem truboost gauge, id highly recommend them.

Craig.