There seems to occasionally be oil on the gearbox housing directly underneath the dizzy.

Its baffling me as to where its comming from, if i wipe the oil off the gearbox and let it idle for 10mins there is not even a drip in sight.

When i hop in and take it for a drive, pull up and check again theres oil leaking down the top of the gearbox, comming from the righthand side of the head somewhere..

Dont know if you can see where i mean in the picture, ill get a picture tomorrow of the leaking area properly tomorrow in the light.

You cant even notice the oil level drop, its that small of a leak..

I just want some ideas of things to check tomorrow morning..Its kinda behind the turbo lines and directly beneath the distributor.Doing my head in now because i cant actually see any leaks when i let it idle or rev it.

DSC00150.jpg

Im only assuming, but because its comming from underneath the dizzy cap, maybe the o-ring has gone in it?

Seems to be a bit of oil on the head seal too, the little part that sticks out at the front with 4e stamped on it.The heads not leaking because theres no trace of mixture with oil/water..

Grr

Right, looks like its the seal inside my distributor..

How many seals are there inside it? just the one o-ring that seals the head/shaft and the cap ?

This photo shows where the oils leaking :

P1010325.jpg

So.. im assuming i need a seal for this part :

P1010324-1.jpg

I thought it was leaking from near the thermostat housing but its not..

Anybody got a part number for this shaft seal pleaseee, need it asap really..

Craig.

did you seal that fucking rocker cover with silicon sealant?

you nutter :p

hardcore mate, i took it off earlier to repaint it and just run a little bead underneath the old gasket for the time being :wacko:

Mateee, do you have the toyota epc to look up the shaft seal number? i have the program but the discs are damaged :lol: