Has anyone imported a car with these 2 companies.

Hello All,

I have been looking online and I have been looking on line for car importers has anyone used the below companies.

JDM car auctions

I have been told about this company from another member they are based in japan and the do all the finding, buying and shipping but you have to pay the import tax the registering, pick it up from the port and everything

&

JDM auction watch

This one does all the finding, importing, shipping and import tax you have to collect it from the port or they can deliver from extra but they do all the hard work.

Hello All,

I have been looking online and I have been looking on line for car importers has anyone used the below companies.

JDM car auctions

I have been told about this company from another member they are based in japan and the do all the finding, buying and shipping but you have to pay the import tax the registering, pick it up from the port and everything

&

JDM auction watch

This one does all the finding, importing, shipping and import tax you have to collect it from the port or they can deliver from extra but they do all the hard work.

JDM Auction watch are based here in Ireland. The guy who owns it is a real car enthusiast and really knows his stuff. I personally will be using these this summer to bring in a Ae86 twincam.

JDM Auction watch are based here in Ireland. The guy who owns it is a real car enthusiast and really knows his stuff. I personally will be using these this summer to bring in a Ae86 twincam.

wow now they are some serious money mate lol.

I am tempted to do the same just trying to figure out how much it costs to register cars i believe it is £55 to do that. Only thing i have a worry about is if a car is bought and something goes wrong with it is there any form of warranty or something for a couple of months.

wow now they are some serious money mate lol.

I am tempted to do the same just trying to figure out how much it costs to register cars i believe it is £55 to do that. Only thing i have a worry about is if a car is bought and something goes wrong with it is there any form of warranty or something for a couple of months.

I know man yeah. They go for crazy money I'll have to sell my GT to part fund it. There is no warranty man but th cars are fully inspected in Japan before you buy them. People doing things to them months later wouldn't be their problem really man. Edited by Justforfun

Hi guys,

Feel free to contact me if interested in importing also or purely for more information.

I'm based in Japan and export cars worldwide.

Cheers

Troy

I take it that the import duties are not paid for the uk?

how much do EP82s go for? MK1 is what i will he hunting for.

Whats Vrt buddy i know that JDM auction watch have the import duties within there price so all you need to do is register the car.

Not sure what way it works in the UK but bringing a car into Ireland id have to pay a fee to register the car on irish plates that's Vrt. If you don't have to pay it in the UK that works out even better for you. Edited by Justforfun

Not sure what way it works in the UK but bringing a car into Ireland id have to pay a fee to register the car on irish plates that's Vrt. If you don't have to pay it in the UK that works out even better for you.

You have to pay £55 to the DVLA to register the car to the uk.

that really sucks mate we dont have anything like that apart from import tax but saying that it can be quite high but the company includes that within the price.

we get shafted everyway possible in this country it's a joke. It's awesome yous don't have to pay it. My advice would be to use JDM auction watch If you are bringing in a car. I know of plenty of people that have used them over here and never once have I heard a bad word said about them nor have I heard about any of their cars clapping up shortly after arrival. Buying a car you cannot see in person before hand is always a risk anyway.

we get shafted everyway possible in this country it's a joke. It's awesome yous don't have to pay it. My advice would be to use JDM auction watch If you are bringing in a car. I know of plenty of people that have used them over here and never once have I heard a bad word said about them nor have I heard about any of their cars clapping up shortly after arrival. Buying a car you cannot see in person before hand is always a risk anyway.

Yeah that is what i am worried about. When i bought a car to import to the uk i used an company called DNA cars which are no longer trading due to cars coming in with issues so i heard. Mine had a fair amount of issues that i heard from the owner after me. I never really drove it hard but not to sure if they did but the engine, gearbox and turbo failed very close after one another. I was told by them if something goes wrong with the car then they would sort it but i had a few little issues with it but they were not sorted i had to do it myself.

The worry i have is if i purchase a car and collect it at the dock and notice that it isnt running right or what not there is nothing i can do about it. i still have to have the car and sort out all the issues myself.

But i guess that is the risk you take with this but like you said they sound like a good company i have heard good things from them also from there facebook page. But if i am not mistaken they get the car check by there contact in japan that goes over it to make sure all is well. Do they check it over when it hits the UK as they have to be there at the dock to sort the paperwork out to pass it over to the customer is that correct.

Yeah that is what i am worried about. When i bought a car to import to the uk i used an company called DNA cars which are no longer trading due to cars coming in with issues so i heard. Mine had a fair amount of issues that i heard from the owner after me. I never really drove it hard but not to sure if they did but the engine, gearbox and turbo failed very close after one another. I was told by them if something goes wrong with the car then they would sort it but i had a few little issues with it but they were not sorted i had to do it myself.

The worry i have is if i purchase a car and collect it at the dock and notice that it isnt running right or what not there is nothing i can do about it. i still have to have the car and sort out all the issues myself.

But i guess that is the risk you take with this but like you said they sound like a good company i have heard good things from them also from there facebook page. But if i am not mistaken they get the car check by there contact in japan that goes over it to make sure all is well. Do they check it over when it hits the UK as they have to be there at the dock to sort the paperwork out to pass it over to the customer is that correct.

The lad who owns JDM vists japan once a year, he has a team over there who fully inspect the cars before you buy them and they grade them. I'm not sure if they are inspected in the UK but they do get a good going over in japan by their reps before you buy it.