Clear coat peeling (bootlid near the edge of the glass)

So I noticed this, there is always a lot of water that stays in there and dirt, how can I fix this without respraying everything? Can I wet sand the whole thing and then re clear it and polish afterwards? if so what tools should I use, like what grit sandpapers etc, would help loads, thanks :)

You can sand it and re-lacquer it...

I would go over it with fine grit like 1000-1200 as you don't want to cut into it too much. then lay the lacquer on lightly at first to let it adhere, then a bit thicker as you go on. Bare in mind that you won't get a great finish unless you've got it all nice and flat where the lacquer has peeled but don't rub through the paint. Ideally you're best bet it to rub it all back, prime, paint, then relacquer but if you don't want to do that then fair enough.

It's very tricky to touch it back where lacquer has peeled i've found, so be prepared to maybe have to spray it again :/

Rich K might be able to offer better advice but that's how i've done it previously