repairing my live sports splitter( HELP )

basicaly i have a live sports splitter and its in 4 bits im going to attempt to repair it myself as im quite hands on but i just need a quick walk through such as.... what things will i need ie materials and where to source them thanks jason

Simple.

1) Fibrefill. (Its a big tub, size of a large bodyfiller tub full of lovely fiberglass strands pre mixed with resin, you add the hardener and it sets like a brick)

2) P38 Body filler (Buy the easy sand type, makes sanding it a ton quicker and easier)

3) Masking tape (to hold everything together whilst youre fiberglassing it)

4) Wet and dry sand paper (say 4sheets of 120 / 4sheets of 240 / couple sheets of 400upwards paper to finally smooth filler prior to paint)

5) hair dryer, to heat the fibrefill up so you dont need to hold it for too long (hot air on fibrefill = fully hardened fiberglass in under 2 mins)

6) a slave to help you hold the pieces together whilst youre bridging them and to help you sand the filler.

Once you got them, which can all be bought (other than the slave) cheaply from a bodyshop supply shop (look in yellow pages for local shops) start hacking the splitter.

Line the halfs of splitter up, so there perfect, tape them together with the maskin tape.

Mix 3/4 fibrefill with 1/4 hardener and with a spatula smear the fiberglass paste ACROSS the join, you will want about 2inches minimum overlapping the join either side.Paste the layers on in thin layers otherwise it'll take forever to set.

Completely seal the join with the paste on the inside where you cant see then blast the paste with hot air from the hairdryer and itll set within minutes..

Lay another layer of fiberglass on, keep building it up untill the join is strong and theres no risk of the join splitting.

Flip the splitter over, so you have the side you want painted facing you now, give the join a sand over with some 120 paper, just to make sure its smooth.

Mix 3/4 p38 body filler with 1/4 hardener.

Using a new flat spatula, push the filler into the seam, and wipe down the join. blast with hot air untill it sets.Give it a sand with some 120 then give it another wipe over with some more filler.Keep sanding and re applying filler untill you cant feel any seams, and its dead smooth by touch.

Do that to all the other joins, then give it all a sand over with finer paper.

Clean it off using a tack rag and then lightly give the splitter a coat of primer.Just a dusting though.Give all the seams a light sand with some 400ish paper and it will reveal any pinholes in the filler or high/low spots because the primer wont have been touched etc.

If so, give it another sand/coat of fillter .

Jobs a goodun. Get it sprayed and thwack it on zee car. Admire the once jigsaw splitter whole again <_<

Craig.

your a legend mate as i dont have the first idea about repairing body work it will be interesting to see how it turns out i will take some before and after pics :(

thanks again for sparing the time to type that up graig

jason