So i bought my first Starlet after falling in love with it within about 2 seconds of seeing it. I'd never really been into Glanzas before but as soon as i soon this EP82 i snapped it up... and probably paid too much but shit happens eh.

Current mods:
Japspeed full exhaust + Decat pipe
Aftermarket Mildsteel Manifold (not sure what make)
Ported CT9 Turbo
Front mount intercooler and some obscure piping (pics later)
Baileys dump valve (hate it)
Greddy PB ECU
BBS wheels (not a clue what they are they're impossible to find)
Replaced rear Boot cover thing (not a clue what you call it but there you are)
Tinted rear windows
Walbro 255 Fuel pump (found that out after buying a new one taking it all apart and getting really annoyed)
Relocated HKS filter
AC completely removed
Blitz Turbo Timer
HKS Boost Gauge

What i've done myself:
Magnecore KV85 HT Leads
Iridium plugs
Castrol Edge 0w-30 oil change
OEM oil filter change
Stripped out rear of the car (mainly to seal off leaks, and paint)
Removed and sealed off rear wiper (Didn't work anyway)

Plans:
Install my new Half size rad once my fan arrives
Uprated Injectors and Fuel Rail
Get some 15x8 wheels
Coilovers
TD04 top mount set up
Replace all piping with rotated turbo
Paint things
and whatever else i feel like when i'm bored!

GT%203_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now i'm in super frustration mode.
Cars intermittently misfiring and not performing well at all.
I've shat out my down pipe so that needs replaced
Found a few oil leaks underneath, one from what looks like the gearbox and the other i haven't spotted yet.
PCV is knackered and i think the ICV needs changed out as well....

So the plan just now is (whilst i get to cruise around in the parents Merc looking like a right twat)
Uprated injectors, all new rocker cover gaskets + PCV valve and respray it all.
Get my mechanic to help me out with the leaks
Pretty much replace every belt, gasket, line and pipe that i can see is worn.

I'm away down to Northamptonshire next week as well to visit family (Two of whom are mechanics). So i'll be getting a custom bracket made so i can twist the CT9 downwards.

Busy busy and expensive times!

Edited by ProjectNightmare

Welcome along buddy, nice buy :)

10w40 is the way forward in these lovely little motors :)

Any advise you need can be found on this forum! Don't listen to facebook advice about starlets... May aswell sign the cars death warrant haha

Looking forward to the updates

James

Welcome along buddy, nice buy :)

10w40 is the way forward in these lovely little motors :)

Any advise you need can be found on this forum! Don't listen to facebook advice about starlets... May aswell sign the cars death warrant haha

Looking forward to the updates

James

Cool man, it'll be on my list of things to get sorted over the next week!

First thing is to get it to start again haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Last weeks progress:

-Got some new 430cc Injectors from Tuning Developments and threw them on mainly for peace of mind that i know they'll be running perfect.
-New stainless steel down pipe which is actually attached to the bracket. Didn't notice until i got the old pipe off (which was split in half mind) that it wasn't attached so no wonder the bloody thing cracked. It was a shite bit of metal but after a few hours and 'bodging' i got it to fit well.
No more Lambda sensor because my helping hand broke the old one. Not sure how it will affect the car since the cats empty anyway?
- New PCV valve put in because the old one was leaking oil. It was a bitch to get off because it literally crumbled every time you put any pressure on it. -.-

-Full remap was done at SOS Motorsport in Falkirk last Wednesday after i done the above bits, just on stock turbo but i wanted to make sure it was running okay.
182hp
200ft lb torque

It was running well and then i went on a 300 mile jaunt from Edinburgh to Corby and now i don't seem to have any boost pressure holding... It was boost at 1.1/1.2 and holding .8bar all the way through the range now it boosts to .8 at the highest and holds .5/.6... So time to get looking for issues AGAIN.
Also i'm getting Check engine lights randomly when driving... It doesn't come on very consistently sometimes it's when i'm flat out sometimes when i'm just on the throttle a little.

Gonna spend the next few days going over it properly because i have a lift where i am just now and also try and persuade my cousin to get out his R5 Gt Turbo because it's sitting and that makes me sad.

• 2 months later...

Vague progress:
New lambda sensor
New Coolant Tempt sensor
This got rid of my fault codes and hard starting issues finally. The car just needs another tweak in the low end fuelling to get it running perfectly.

Got rid of the bonnet scoop and replaced it with a perspex cover for now. I may blank it or replace with an N/A one.
Tuning developments cooling panel for some engine bay 'bling'. I'm going to spray it.
Sprayed my Strut brace Anodised purple, turned out surprisingly well!

Car is currently off the road because i have a massive oil leak which i'm trying to source. I am almost positive that it's my sump though which is an easy fix!

I also put my rear seats back in to try and dampen some of the exhaust noise. I don't really mind the volume but driving to work at 3am every morning it's pretty draining.
Pics to follow tomorrow.

Here's a few pics from the other day..... and yes i get asked a lot about my stupid window sticker.
It'll either make you laugh or piss you off and that's what makes it fun! and you know... race car mentality.

Hopefully buying some coilovers and a few suspension bits + timing belt stuff etc in the next few days.
I've developed a noise which i think is a belt but it's doing my head in so gotta get that sorted ASAP.

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Bought some parts just awaiting delivery!
BC Coilovers
Whiteline front ARB and drop links
Whiteline Front Anti lift kit
and all timing belt and other belt stuff
Bonnet spacers
So my wallets a lot lighter but it'll keep me busy when i stop my 60hour work weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted my coilovers over the weekend. It didn't take too long surprisingly! even though the bolts seemed corroded someone was nice enough to grease them enough before so i didn't have to get out the 'bigger hammer'.
On the height they came from the factory. I'm not too fussed about super low but i may go a tad a lower and be content. I just don't want it like my old DC2 which was a bit slammed.

First pic is end result others are before and afters.

Next up is Anti-lift kit and front arm poly bushes + fitting my anti roll bar when it arrives. I know the bushes are gonna be a total bitch to do myself but i'm going to give it a go anyway! I also need to refurb my control arms. I did buy a spare set to re do but they from a Glanza and not a GT so the bushes are a few mm different on the front.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg