4K alternator problem!

Hey there guys!It seems i ran into a problem with my little kp :( I bought this car recently and it didn't have any problems!!After I started pulling some handbrake turns(its RWD after all :p ) and turned it off,I started it up after a little while and I noticed that the battery light was lit up!This got me worried a bit and decided to follow a friend's advice whot told me to remove the cable from the battery while the car was running.In case you remove the cable and the car stops running then it might be the alternator!But someone else suggested that it could actualy be the voltage regulator of the car.I don't know if the 2k engine that the car came with originally had a different voltage regulator and the hard revving of the 4k engine it now has could actually fry it.I wish i get some help here!!Tomorrow I'll also check the alternator with a polymeter and the plugs just in case something actually came off!Ask me anything if it helps!!!!