Engine rebuild for a Gi 4e-fe

Done the big end bearings in my Gi. Theses are supposed to be 100bhp originaly right? is this extra HP gained from the throttle body/inlet manifold and exhaust using the same block/head as later 16valves?

I Have a 98 starlet with a 16valve in it and wondered if I change over the inlet etc from the Gi's engine would I work out ok?

to save having the get the crank machined and bearings to suit it then.

Is there anything I can do to gain any Bhp without getting too mad or has the Gi the 50mm throttle body used in the later corollas already (vernier calipers currently missing in action so cant confirm)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Paddy_paddy

Rings are the same as 4efte, the 4efe rings don't handle the revs. Also the valve springs are closer to 4efte specs to avoid valve float which occurs with the 4efe springs above 6800rpms.

You could just bolt the GI head onto the ep9 4efe but the rings will give up much faster than they should.

You could just swap the crank from the ep9 4e into the GI engine. Just get it polished and measured so you can order the right ght bearings

As well. Gi engine will have a knock sensor . If it's a irish ep91 it won't.

I have a glanza S bottom engine there.

If it's any use to you can have it for 20e it's going for scrap other wise