Athena Head Gasket Leak

I had the exact same issue mate from the exact same place it was down to the decking of the block. Have you had the block decked and head skimmed?

Yes bud. Its not a major leak, more of a weep! But would like to sort it encase it progresses into something worse!

Same here mate it was very minor the gasket blew a week later. Just keep an eye on it wipe it down and run the car and see if it stops at any point. Also would re-check the toque setting on the head bolts.

Recheck the bolts, i sprayed the MLS i put on my car with vht copper gasket spray to make sure this didnt happen. Some people use it some argue you don't

Exactly the thing im going to do to the new gasket im putting in now worth a go

Mine does this as well wondered where it was coming from

Suppose the only way to sort the issue is to replace the head gasket? It seems to only be weeping on that corner though.

Try changing dizzy o-ring first

I've checked this and cant see it leaking anywhere.

have you ran the car properly yet? might just need running

Yes car is run in and mapped now.

I have oil no where else apart from on the 4E stamped bit. Not even a lot just realised there was a a light covering of oil. No other dribbles or dips and thats after 8 months of driving so quite possibly from weeping gasket

I have oil no where else apart from on the 4E stamped bit. Not even a lot just realised there was a a light covering of oil. No other dribbles or dips and thats after 8 months of driving so quite possibly from weeping gasket

Is it ok to leave it though? i mean mines exactly the same?

After getting off the phone to Rob who built my engine he seems to think its more likely coming from the cam cover seal as there isn't an oil way around that area, i'll have to have another look.