Took the Glanza out on a run this afternoon, pulled up after around 45 mins and while it was on tick over it started smoking from the exhaust a bluey, oily kind of smoke. Have a bit of oily mist around the intercooler pipes too so suspect the turbo seals have failed. Question is do I buy a 2nd hand one, send mine off for repair, or go hybrid/td04?

Im pretty handy with a spanner so would replacing the seals myself be an option?

Any advice or info greatly appreciated

Yeah that sounds like the right symptoms of oil seals wouldnt recommend changing the seals your self as the turbo will need a full rebuild in order to change them would just swap it out for an hybrid

Me personally if there's a second hand one only been rebuilt not long again and proof of that, go with that to save pennies or get in contact with Liam D midlands turbo he has done loads on here, also mine too, hybrid/TD04 is an option if you got the money of course, don't think your be doing it yourself as hadn't the turbo got to be balanced etc inside

I don't touch anything on eBay especially these turbos from China mate, although you said Hong Kong I'm sure someone else we tell you yes or no, in the search bar on this forum type in ct9 or hybrid see what comes up people are always selling good turbos on here

Thanks buddy, I have seen a few pop up in the past but never taken much notice as I thought mine was ok lol. I shall keep a look out :-)

I don't touch anything on eBay especially these turbos from China mate, although you said Hong Kong I'm sure someone else we tell you yes or no, in the search bar on this forum type in ct9 or hybrid see what comes up people are always selling good turbos on here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...