Lack of brakes

Bought a glanza over the weekend and on the whole everything is rosey. Very happy!

However there is one problem in that the breaks dont seem to do very much until the pedal is poressed down further than you would expect (A good few inches). Also if sat at idle and you pump the breaks, the revs increase by a few hundred rpm and the pedal feel gets harder. THe brakes will work better for about half a mile and then go back to as they were.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

thanks that's the response I wanted as my partner has a couple of litres of motul brake fluid left after doing the same on his MR2.I assume you mean 5.1 by the way as DOT 5 has different properties and when mixed with 3.1, 4.1 or 5.1 would eat away at the brake system lol

as long as the old bottles have been sealed youll be ok..

if the lid is not tight enough though, it will be ruined. i ALWAYS buy new fluid because as i said before, its hydrostatic and literally sucks the moisture from the air. and it ruins the fluid.

and yes, use 5.1 :)