A new little whipper here :)

Evening All.

Thought id introduce myself as ive just registered.. My names rob as you probably tell from my forum name.. Im 19 (not your usual 19 year old with modded cars in mind) and live just outside the great town of Hull :p . Love Jap cars, mainly our 3!!! 300zx's which we have in the family but its time for me to get my own Japanese car now and start doing the things i want to do to it and when i want to do them.

I currently have a 1.4 saxo which was an 18th birthday present from my rents which i greatly appreciated but after nearly 2 years of owning it im ready and eagor (spelling?) to move on to something with a little more power but not OTT.

Anyway enough about me. Recently i have been on the hunt for a starlet as ive already been quoted £800 for the insurance from Directline and currently sorting out finance.

I came across this:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/423359.htm

This definatly looks like a clean example to me but can anyone in the know tell me anymore? Any problems that may be common in these cars etc?

Id really appreciate it if anyone could add me on MSN and tell me a little more about this cars, their history, rust problems, engine problems etc that i need to be looking out for as once again, im new to these cars.

I think thats pretty much it, hope i havent bored you with this thread :p

Any help is very much appreciated

Regards

Rob

PS: My MSN, Nearly forgot... rgrouwstra@hotmail.com

Firstly welcome to the club :p

There is stacks of information within this site if you use the search button you will find all the information you need :D

Another bit of advice, I have heard to stay well away from Keighley when purchasing a car as they are very very dodgy cowboys and there isnt one decent car they have sold so you have been warned!!!

Enjoy your stay here and hope you find a decent Glanza :p

That insurance qoute seems really cheap!!!

welcome to the glub mate, that does look pretty nice but i think a tad overpriced, you could get a decent glanza minus kit with a few choice mods for 3.5k and upwards,

i bought my silver v at the start of the year for 1.4k with 53,ooo on the clock so shop about as thats pricey,

also it would be wise to budget around £200 on some essential suspension mods to bring the handling on par with the saxo you have the now :p