Hard start, bogs down...help needed

I just finished my rhd to lhd conversion, looms are original and untouched besides the obvious modifications needed for lhd (mostly dash harness suffered these).
When engine was going back in to the lhd chassis the original TPS got broken so I ordered a new one, aftermaket but just like the original 3 wire on/off switch type.
When starting engine it sometimes has a hard time to do so. When it does it idles a little jerky. And when I touch the map sensor, the car dies..I thought bad wires, but its not the case because I tried a diferent map sensor, from a 2jzge (non turbo)...it starts at the turn of the key and I can move the sensor around and it doesn't die. but since its not a turbo map sensor it does not go into boost. Another thing I noticed is with the original map sensor, the boost gauge is always light up to the max and never comes back, unlike the 2jzge sensor.

After all this reading can somebody give me a hand?

More info, I'm using a mk1 ECU with a mk2 harness. I know the mk1 and mk2 ecus have slightly different pinouts but I corrected these....should I move them back?

really puts me out after so much effort on this project