build your own turbo manifold

what id like to no is do all you pipes have to be the same lenght then connect to the collector?

meaning does the pipe from cylinder 1 have the be the same lenght as the one from cylynder 2 and so on and the the all meet at the collector

can any one help me

i really wanna build my own manifold

ideally, yes, but it all depends on the turbo. on the ct9, it doesn't really make a difference, but if you were upgrading to a larger/better turbo (i.e one with a wastegate that actually works, or a 'decent' hybrid) then you'll know know by experimenting.

logs are shit, easy to make, very basic and nowhere near as efficient as proper tubular manifolds, but, they're cheap and easy to make.

if you're using a td04 then it may be worth asking the guys who have made their manifolds for em already, as they'll obviously need a particular style manifold to suit the turbo's flow characteristics.

yea theres a guy on our sister site that is gened up on building log type manifolds, it might be a good idea to ask on there,

him and his mates where getting 150bhp at the wheels with these log manifolds so they cant be that bad :blink:

Im pretty sure he meant on a freeflowing ct9 style manifold.

You'd definately want to grind the restriction out of the stock manifold if youre thinking about using that with a td.

Youd want to get rid of the restriction even if you was running the standard ct9 at anyboost higher than standard bud.

Easiest way would be to weld a flange onto the ct9, and would work out the cheapest route.

no, i mean the stock cast manifold.

if you get a dremel in the 3rd runner you can open it up quite a bit.

that said, it will be hella better with a freeflowing manifold. but i know you are on a budget, so a ported stocker is ok for the time being.

for those of you that dont know, 9b compressor is like, tiny, its hardly any bigger than a ct9.