Anyone experienced this please.

This is a weird one guys and girls so I was just wondering please has anyone else had this.

Ok we all know it's cold at the moment, but when I finish work around 8/9pm and the temp has dropped more, as I pull away up the road, as the revs go up, I get what I can only describe as a howling noise like an owl, howling as the revs go up, after a few minutes as the car warms up the sound goes and not to be heard again once the cars warm.

Turbo has been refurbished from Liam D and has done a max 12,000 miles,

I can only think there is a boost leak somewhere.

Would like some opinions please guys if anyone or knows anyone who's experienced this.

Thankyou Pat

If it was a boost leak I would expect to get it all the time.

I would be checking the alternator belt tension or the alternator bearing or an idler bearing.

These tend to make a racket when cold and disappear once warm.

Thanks for the reply Adam, the alternator belt was tightened a few months back as it was squilling (however you spell it) on start up, but now because it got tensioned right it's all fine even on cold start up, I've had this a while now, maybe a month or so, if I start the car up on cold and leave it idle you can't hear it, if I start the car up on cold and drive off straight away, you can hear it will see if I can find a link as other cars must do it too thanks mate

This makes more sense thankyou guys, I'm going to dig deeper with this, and I'm thinking possibly it might just be coming from turbo to downpipe area, as it's sounds like it's right at the front, as the decat was only changed a few months back!

Thankyou for your input 👍🏻