FAO PASEO DIAL PEOPLE!

Hey guys this may seem strange but my wires seem to be a little different compared to what they should be in the tables below

I know I have a few wires missing as I dont have ABS or 2nd Air bag etc but for plug B (16 pin) I have a red and white wire left over (not mentioned in the table) and also the Yellow wire that was meant to got from plug A to plug B seemed to be already by plug B for me.

17. Now for the pin swaps :blink: Here are the wire colours and the positions that they need to be in. Pin 1 is on the left as you look at the connector above.

Brown13pinA.jpg

Water16pinB.jpg

Grey10pinC.jpg

The awkward swaps are as follows:

A: The Yellow wire (Oil indicator light) that is found at pin 8 of the 13-pin brown connector A on your Sportif must be moved to pin 5 of the 16-pin white connector B. I removed all the electrical insulation tape and cut a section out of the wire for neatness.

B: The Yellow/Black wire (Fuel F) that is found at pin 12 of the 16-pin White connector B on your Sportif must be moved to pin 4 of the 10-pin grey connector C. I used some of the yellow wire I cut out of the oil wire in a) to extend this one.

Right im gettin somewhere, only the fuel gauge isnt working now and I have figured out why

Once I have lengthened the correct wire for it it will all be good

BUT I am still left with a Red and White wire by plug C and a Yellow and Black by plug B?

Any suggestions??

Everything seems to be working, and I know have a fuel light :huh: but god knows what the left over wires are for :blink:

The best way to do this is follow the circuit board on the back of the clusters from the loom pin points all the way to their respected light or guage. draw the starlet one out on paper and the same for the paseo one.

A guide is a guide dont put too much faith in them, my dad is a electronics something he fitted mind this way. He kept says its right its right, thats good but what if it was wrong and you stuck 12v to your fuel level sensor and blew up the garage, your ma would be pissed big time.

On my sportif the redwire with white strip is highbeam and the yellow wire with black strip is ABS. My sportif doesnt have ABS but the wire will be in the loom